♬~♥ ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ❀

Friday, March 19, 2010

Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken : A Literature Analysis


He said “I’ll protect you like you are the crown jewels” yet

Said he’s feeling sorrier for me the more I behave badly I can bet

Hey Lloyd I’m ready to be heartbroken
'Cause I can’t see further than my own nose at this moment

Jealousy is more than a word now I understand
You can't stay a girl while holding a boy’s hand

Hey Lloyd I’m ready to be heartbroken
'Cause I can’t see further than my own nose at this moment
Hey Lloyd I’m ready to be heartbroken
'Cause I can’t see further than my own nose at this moment
At this moment

I’ve got my life a compilation here to sort out
I’ll take myself to an east coast city and walk about

Hey Lloyd I’m ready to be heartbroken
'Cause I can’t see further than my own nose at this moment
Hey Lloyd I’m ready to be heartbroken
'Cause I can’t see further than my own nose at this moment
Hey Lloyd I’m ready to be heartbroken
'Cause I can’t see further than my own nose at this moment
At this moment


Literature is the art of written works. Poetry, novels, short stories, song lyrics, and even blogs are literature as these are all written works. Literature reviewing is a process that aims to identify the critical points, the analysis of the written materials, and the components that makes the literature unique, and which portrays and resemble something in or about life. Like nature, a literature can be appreciated. This is why an analysis is done as to get better understanding of the messages (literal/figurative meaning) that the writer is trying to convey to the readers. Some song lyrics are poems, better known with the term lyric poetry.



Lyric poetry is a short poem with one speaker (not necessarily the poet) who expresses thought and feeling. Though it is sometimes used only for a brief poem about feeling (like the sonnet), it is more often applied to a poem expressing the complex evolution of thoughts and feeling, such as the elegy,
the dramatic monologue, and the ode. The emotion is/or seems personal In classical Greece, the lyric was a poem written to be sung, accompanied by a lyre.
(
http://academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu/english/melani/lit_term.html#lyric)

Like poems, song lyrics have genres of its own. Genre is the theme(subject matter), which acts as a mood setter or settings, resembling the environment as a whole. The usage of metaphors, similes, idioms, and personification can be found in some song lyrics. Besides that, the use of symbolic words, appropriate tone, and tragedy overview helps the process of appreciating a literature. This provides better and clear literal and figurative message to the lines for the listener/reader.


From the analysis of "Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken", the song title itself conveys the theme/genre(subject matter) of the song, which is someone who is confident, prepared and ready to accept relationship breakups. Besides that, it has the theme of acceptance of self-guilt and the consequences.

He said “I’ll protect you like you are the crown jewels” yet.
Said he’s feeling sorrier for me the more I behave badly I can bet

The first stanza shows how caring and loving the guy was for the persona, and that the guy confessed that he could not handle or control the misbehave of the attitude of persona. "Crown jewels" is used as to symbolize how precious the persona is, and that how the guy will protect her.

Hey Lloyd I’m ready to be heartbroken
'Cause I can’t see further than my own nose at this moment


The second stanza, which is the chorus for the song, states that the persona is prepared for breakups. The idiomatic expression line "'Cause I can't see further than my own nose at this moment" literally means short-sighted, but figuratively, means that the persona cannot foresight or foresee the future of the persona and the guy, as a long-term relationship, probably caused by the problems that arises between them and might probably because of the persona's attitude herself.

Jealousy is more than a word now I understand You can't stay a girl while holding a boy’s hand

The first line of third stanza, states that the persona now knows the practical meaning of jealousy, the envy emotion that one felt, upon knowing that his/her mutual partner is having another relationship with other person at the same time. In this case, the jealousy that came from the persona's boyfriend. The second line probably tries to convey the message that a girl cannot be a girl (carefree, free and joyfully converse/hang out with male/female friends) while in a relationship.

I’ve got my life a compilation here to sort out I’ll take myself to an east coast city and walk about

From the stanza, the persona is messed up, and needs to snap out of it, improve herself and be a better person/lover. The second line probably means that she will move to other state, probably a suburban and probably live in the wild as to avoid from ever meeting his/her ex-lover again. This stanza also portrays the remorse of her own misbehave, the consequences, and the guilt she felt. She accepts the fact, and ready to accept the blame.






Literature is fun, and should be taught to students from earlier stage of school. This is then as from literature, students as a person, can develop their skills in literature analysis such as poem, thus teaches them to appreciate them in their daily life. Music itself, is considered as one of the art of literature. Though always bear in mind, that literature are written works, human written works. Human are imperfect, and so does the writers/authors. The reader/listener him/herself are human, therefore, perception of each and everyone of us differs from each other.


>oo<

No comments:

Post a Comment